6 STEPS TO LOSE WEIGHT WITH THE 70/30 RULE
DID YOU KNOW ABOUT THE 70/30 RULE?
The truth about hitting the gym to lose weight may sound very common. But little do we that consuming a healthy diet is the key to losing weight. In fact, it’s the what eat that plays the major role in losing weight.
This is where the 70/30 rule comes in to play. Our body has stubborn fats which are hard to remove. So, 30% would contribute from the exercise and the other 70% from the diet. Having an important healthy diet and some exercise would certainly help lose weight.
- Remove a poor diet per day
We spend hours in the gym trying to burn off large calories, but little do we realize that it takes a few minutes to put them on from unhealthy diet. Getting rid of calories can be real effort by exercising, although it does make us fitter and stronger in the gym it also consumes a lot of time and energy. The effortless way is to simply cut out the poor diet and promote it with a good diet. Perhaps cutting back on that sugary treat after your meal is good start. Slowly and maturely is the key!
- Avoid snacking between meals
Ensuring a balanced diet intake is vital. However, everybody gets peckish in between meals. That’s where the bad habits try to kick in. Let’s avoid this by not having unnecessary snacks. Instead promote it with some grains, nuts or some dried fruits/ vegetables. It's the calories that act counter productive to your diet. So, if you need a snack go for sugar-free options. You can check out some of our great tasting sugar-free snacks to help you cut back on calories and control your appetite.
- Go for a protein pumped breakfast
Protein is a vital supplement to our diet. After having fasted through the night you would want to replenish your energy and hunger. You do not need a large meal, but a simple protein meal giving you enough to keep you full for longer. This will also prevent you from snacking in between. Eggs, porridge, avocados with some nuts do the trick. Roasted sweet potatoes or some salmon for a brunch type breakfast.
- Track your diet
A research analysis from a sample of 1700 people showed that those who recorded their diet were having positive impact on the weight loss. It helps to show your progression and make any changes to achieve your goal. If you are old school, just use a pen and pad or if you like it all on your device then there are various apps to help you keep your diet on track.
- Have a balanced exercise plan
Sometimes you can feel the urge to go hard on the work outs. Overdoing work outs will only stress your body and will not capitalize on the weight loss initiative. It may back fire for some and making them unmotivated without seeing positive results. Ideally, it’s good to combine some resistance work out with cardio. On average a combination of cardio and resistance work out lasting 30 minutes will be effective and efficient. You could also add in Pilates and brisk walk or bit of yoga.
- Get into the habit
Research suggests that for a habit to become a lifestyle it could take up to 4 weeks. Focus on the short-term goal of staying consistent with the above plans for at least 4 weeks and then follow through. By then this would have been part of your lifestyle and you will start to see changes.
We hope the above 70/30 rule will work wonders for you. Share your results and tell us your tailored techniques to overcome weight loss.