Easy Vegan Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
Follow our simple steps on how to make an easy vegan cinnamon rolls recipe that will make your taste buds feel satisfied. We believe it will be so good that you would want to bake this easy vegan cinnamon rolls to impress your friends and family. The smell and taste in these cinnamon rolls will have them spinning around to asking you for more and more. So let's uncover the secret recipe behind this awesome snack.
Servings 10 Rolls
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 packet instant yeast
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp vegan butter
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar/ organic cane sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or soy milk
What is unbleached all-purpose flour?
- 1/2 - 1 Tbsp Ceylon ground "True Cinnamon" (secret recipe)*
- 1/4 cup brown sugar/ organic cane sugar
- 3 Tbsp vegan butter
- 2 Tbsp vegan butter (melted)
- Powdered sugar glaze (see below for instructions)
- Use a saucepan to heat the almond/ soy milk and butter until it has melted. Alternatively, can be heated in the microwave using a bowl and heating for 30 seconds. Make sure they do not reach a boil. Let it cool slightly until it is warm.
- Place the mixture into a large mixing bowl and add the yeast. Let is rest for around 10 minutes. Once ready, add the 1 Tbsp of brown sugar and salt. Mix it well.
- Now add the flour bit by bit, to get a good mix to achieve stickiness and fine balance. Once it becomes thick, place the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead for a minute until it forms into a loose ball. Take a clean mixing bowl and coat some vegetable oil and place the dough into the bowl. Seal it with a plastic wrap and place it in a warm area to let it rise. Check back in 1 hour to see the results.
- Sprinkle some flour on a clean surface and then roll the dough out into a thin rectangle. Try to achieve a thickness of 1/4 inch. Take a brush and dip into melted vegan butter and spread it evenly. Top if with sugar. Now add the Ceylon "True cinnamon" as per your taste, the ultimate secret recipe.
- Pick one end of the dough and roll it into a sausage roll shape, ensuring it is slightly tight. Now use a serrated knife or string of floss to cut the dough into 1.5 - 2 inches slices. Take your pan and butter the sides well. You should achieve 10 slices as mentioned from the recipe.
- Gently heat the 2 Tbsp butter to melt. Brush it on the rolls over the top.
- Preheat the oven on fan heat. Set the temperature to 176 C (350 degrees F)
- Once it has reached the required temperature bake the rolls for 25 - 30 mins, ensure it is golden brown before removing them out to let it cool for few minutes. Follow the powder sugar glaze coating below to add extra flavour and topping or when ready serve immediately.
- Optional: Mix 1 cup of (112g) organic powdered sugar and 1 - 2 Tbsp of almond or soy milk. You can add a 1 - 2 Tbsp of vegan butter and 1/2 tsp of vanilla for extra creamy texture and aroma. Whisk it into a thin creamy texture and apply it as per your wish on each vegan cinnamon rolls.
As you have noticed that we suggest using "True cinnamon" for vegan cinnamon rolls, which is grown in Ceylon (Sri Lanka). It has certain properties and uniqueness that is only associated with the name "True cinnamon". It involves the soil, climate and many thousands of years of development to gain it's fine texture and aroma. It has a golden brown colour and which offers a refreshing aroma with a taste that truly take it's glory compared with any other cinnamon. We recommend you try this not just for the vegan cinnamon rolls recipe but also for various other food recipes.
We have more articles related to this topic that may be of interest to your read. Why not click on the following links to help you discover more about vegan food recipes and vegan lifestyles below; or maybe if you want to control your sugar intake;